Home

Home

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Traveling with dad

Taveling with my father is truly an experience that needs to be shared.


His ensemble usually consists of a red t shirt or polo shirt with a breast pocket, black or grey cargo shorts pulled up to his nipples, a brown woven belt, black socks, and hiking boots or sandals. Typically he wears an army green hat with flaps and a brim that goes all the way around, But "unfortunately" he left it at a restaraunt in cambodia.

My dad likes to read EVERY SINGLE SIGN and get really confused and pissy before he even knows what hes pissy about. He also likes to follow the arrows in asian airports which usually dont mean anything, they just put them up for decoration because the guy who built it flew to JFK or LAX once and thought they were pretty.

My dad likes to leave a 20% tip, all the time, even when its not expected. He likes to give $5 bills to ladies who dig through rubbish for recyclables/food and don't beg just because we are white tourists. He likes to ask cambodian children if they know the capitol of Texas. (some of them actually do.) He likes to buy wooden carvings to hang on his walls.

He also likes to pee every 2 hours, sometimes more. He likes to forget his camera, and when he remembers the camera, he forgets to charge it. He enjoys attempting to take photos from a moving tuk tuk of another moving tuk tuk/motor bike/bicycle and act surprised and annoyed when the photos come out blurry and of just the tops of peoples heads or bottoms of their feet.

My dad likes to argue with me about things I know to be facts. EX: A 3 day pass to angkor wat is $40, a one day pass is $20. My dad thought that it said a 2 day pass was $40, and would have bet me money if I hadnt acted so dang confident.

he hates climbing stairs, but loves walking up hills.

2 comments:

  1. Jeez dad is such an oddball. I've always appreciated how generous and kind he can be to total strangers. Miss you Jess!

    ReplyDelete