Home

Home

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Siem Reap, Cambodia

THe Cambodian people are probably the whiniest of SE asia. If you say you dont want to buy their shit, they stand there and pout. "You no nice. You bad tourist." I want to slap them and say "You're an asshole, quit bitching. and while you're at it, grow the fuck up you 14 year old hustler."

Any way, the cambodian lang. lacks certain sounds that we have in english, a hard "k" and the "sh" are missing. We are staying at the "shining angkor hotel" and every tuk tuk driver I've had gives me a look of pure bewilderment every time I ask them to take me there. "The shining hotel? Shining angkor?" "Where?" I explain where. "Ohhhhh the signing angkor hotel, ok, 2 dollar? for happy new year?" So tonight on the way home I decide to save some time on the tuk tuk/hotel explanation and asked to be taken back to the "signing angkor hotel." The tuk tuk driver looked at me like I was a total dip shit and then said in the closest to perfect English I've heard yet, "you mean the shining angkor hotel?"

2 comments:

  1. I think this blog is a good idea. I have a blog, but I don't write in it a ton because A) I am lazy and B)I dont have a lot of adventures that other people need to hear about. When I get prego I will blog all the time about my growing obesity and innards moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I will totes read that shit. Pregnancy both repulses and intrigues me. get preggers soon.

    ReplyDelete