Home

Home

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Kitchen table, Queensland, AU

So last night I had to cook dinner for myself, my employer, and one of our neighbors who came over to help peter with the cattle.

Our dinner guest was named John and he was very polite and almost shy. He asked me about my travels and revealed he had left Queensland once in his life...to go to Victoria. And he hated it. He has 2 grown sons and revealed to me, after some probing I admit...that the youngest was his favorite.

You might wonder what I, Peter, and old man who's left his home state once in his life might converse about over dinner. Well what do you think 2 cattle farmers talk about? The answer is meat. We had an HOUR AND HALF long discussion about meat. The smartest way to buy meat meat, (Buy a cow in a stock yard and take it to a butcher.) The best way to kill cows and pigs, the best way to prepare the meat for cooking. The Main focus of the conversation on meat was centered around the different kinds of meat we all enjoyed, and the strange meats we had tried. Here is a short list of just some of the different kinds of meat we discussed.

Beef
Pork
Chicken
Wild Turkey
Quail
Dove
Duck
fish
Crayfish
Salt water Turtle
Freshwater turtle
shark
crocodile
Kangaroo (Shout out to Lindsey Mika! they call it "roo")
Donkey
Horse
Dog

Mouth watering.

Just to name a few...There were more but I've forgotten.

1 comment: