Home

Home

Friday, February 4, 2011

day of healing/rebirthing, The Lotus Temple, NSW

I would like to inform my faithful readers that sadly, this will most likely be the last of the Lotus Temple updates. I have been offered work in the outback of aus, and I think I'm going to take it. There will be none of this hippie shit in the outback. I will be living with a cattle farmer, and i will be around rednecks. A different kind of place, a different kind of people, a different kind of story.

I walked into the day of healing with huge expectations. I expected to have to walk through a wall of sage smoke into a room and be stripped naked. I thought that crystals would be placed on all my chakras and then hari krishnas would dance around me while chanting. I wanted them to throw holy water in my face and then force me into the center of a five man group hug. This was not what I got.

The day started with guided meditation. It was a meditation designed to remove blockages to abundance. Basically we all had to hold hands for an hour while the woman leading it said things like, "And now the golden light of love is moving out from your heart, through the rest of your body, and into the world." I watched in amusement as my fellow beings sank into a state of deep concentration. There was a 12 year old boy there who kept looking around the room with utter disdain. I couldnt help but laugh. The day was basically a series of guided meditations and various "spiritual gurus" talking about how great they are and trying to sell me necklaces made out of shells for $75. I'm sorry but no. The titles of each meditation were as follows...
1. Guide to abundance and overcoming blockages
2. Balancing the masculine and feminine energies within
3. Twin dragons; Soulmate and twin flame awakening

these were the only ones i participated in. I couldn't take it any more and hitched to the beach for a skinny dip. (being around hippies does have its advantages, public nudity is always encouraged.) And I returned back just in time to have my soul channeled. The woman channeling my soul kept looking at my right ear. She would sometimes twitch and sometimes put her hand on my heart. She told me that I have a very pure heart and can follow signs that are brought to me by animals. She did an incantation to make it easier for me to recognize signs. She told me I am going to study (I applied for grad school, so kudos to her) That I'm worried about money, (well, duh, who isnt?) and that I'm going to meet my soul mate soon (sweet! Heres to hoping shes right...) She told me my goal in this life is to always travel, even metaphysically, and that i'll never stop. She said that I am very protected, and I am always safe. She said I have no fear, and that I am always home, no matter where I am.

So I liked the soul channeling. She told me things I wanted hear.

THen I was given the opportunity to get rebirthed. Rebirthing is basically just breathing with your eyes closed for 2 hours while someone watches you and tells you to breathe deeper and faster. The concept of rebirthing is that you are born with a totally clean slate, and the moment you enter the world you absorb the energies and ideas of those around you. You age and die because you keep absorbing and never clear your slate again. Some people have birth trauma...c section babies are afraid of getting stabbed, other babies are born all drugged up. Almost every one said that when they were rebirthing they felt a squeeze around their head, neck, and shoulders. This completely grossed me out. Who the hell wants to relive that? According to the teachings of the great Leonard Orr you are supposed to have 10 rebirthing sessions to work through your "birth trauma" and clear your energy. Relive squeezing through a vaginal canal 10 times?! pass. So after we are all reborn, Leonard gathers us all together and we all go through this 3 page long thing of mantras. one person stands and reads, and then we all say it back to them in the second person. example: "I have conquered the death urge. My family has conquered the death urge." group-"You have conquered the death urge, your family has conquered the death urge."

Now you may be asking yourself, "conquer death? Get rebirthed 10 times and I don't die?" That's right! These people will claim they have met with people who are more than 9000 years old, living in their original bodies. They also claim to have studied and mastered the elements of earth, air, fire, water, and the mind. Meaning they think they have magical powers. Leonard Orr told the group he was currently in the middle stages of learning to fly. No contraption, no tricks...just human flight.

I did some research and rebirthing is actually a christian invention. A group of christians felt that they were reborn, not through baptism of water, but baptism of breath. They believed that God sent them the breath of life. idk. I've already been reborn, and I didn't water or air for the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment