Home

Home

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Future

I have just made a shocking realization. I am almost unemployable. I haven't actually been looking for jobs, but i will be soon and I have this gnawing feeling that my inability to hold a job...or live in one city...for more than 3 months is going to be a red flag for a lot of future employers. Also...People would rather employ a young person over an old one. I know, I'll probably have the next 10 years to be considered young by the work force (by LA standards I am a hag already and if I were to attempt joining the Millionaire Matchmaker club I would be set up with men in their early fifties who were "settling" for me and could maybe learn to love me despite my decrepit-ness.) Back to the point- this means that in the next 10 years I need to find a country...hell- a continent that I want to live on and choose a career path for myself.  I'm sorry, but that is just not enough time. I am commitment phobic in every sense of the word (phrase?). I only dye my hair with the semi permanent stuff that washes out after 28 shampoos. I don't purchase books, I read them in the bookstore (I do something similar with nail polish). About the only things I'm committed too are my key ring (had it since I was 16) and my teddy bear-ted (had him since I was 3).  Oh and also my never ending quest to find the perfect remedy that will halt the aging process, minimize my pores, and fight cancer. So far I've got sunscreen, retinol, exfoliation and dark colored foods, spinach or bluberries for example. If any one has any tips for staying young looking and having perfect skin, please email me immediately.

Any way, I have ten years of youth to make my life head in a steady direction. I DON'T WANNA!  What if the country I pick sucks? What if the job I go with is suckier? What if I have a baby and he/she is a total asshole?  These are the question that keep me awake at night. Well, that and I have to drive my dad to the airport at 4am today.



2 comments:

  1. I love you and your blog! So I gave you an award! Go to my blog and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE FUTURE VIDEO

    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL3B54FFB12DC2874A

    ReplyDelete