Home

Home

Thursday, March 17, 2011

dilema

So I'm torn.

I don't know how to say this, so I'll just be blunt. Australia sucks.

well, at least for me it does. Let's look at the evidence...

1. Half of my friends I've made here are no longer speaking to my. (why? I'll never know. I've asked and recieved no answer...because they're that bent on not speaking to me.)

2. I have no job/no money

3. I haven't had a job or money since NOVEMBER. The massage work gets me by, but barely. and thats not including the vast credit card debt i've accumulated.

4. Applying for my student visa to the UK is going to be a bitch out here. Also, I have to fly to Canberra to do it, which would be like having to fly from Texas to New York. At home I can apply online.

5. Its just like America, but more annoying. ex: stores that would be open til 9 or 10pm at home close at 7 here. and everything is closed on weekends. wtf?

So all the evidence points to...what the hell, fuck it, lets go home. BUT there are reasons for why I'm torn...

1. I want to go to a lomi lomi retreat.

2. If I leave I'll feel like loser

3. If I go home I'll be bored and alone all the time. Much like now, but cheaper.

4. I wanted to go to bali, and I still havent seen the great barrier reef.


Someone tell me what to do. seriously. help me.

4 comments:

  1. Come home. You can get a job and pay off some debt and such before school. You won't have to pay rent bc you can stay in CC again. Also, You can come up here anytime AND if you are in Corpus I would come stay for a long trip. You would be coming just in time for beach season, which is free and fun. Finally, it is not the worst thing in the world to be bored for a bit. You can use the time to work out, read, veg out. Like a vacation from backpacking and schlepping your shit around everywhere like a hobo. Like you said, it will make getting the visa easier, and you will have one last hurrah before finally leaving to GB. OHOH!! And I miss Austin a lot so we could meet in the middle to see each other a few times, and we can both go to Houston to see Nikki and such. Yes, come home. Nikki is here-- you LOVE her. She misses you. Come home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing-- I told you so! Quote from me "Australia is just the same as Texas, but shitty" BOOYAH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with Jenny. COME HOME. You might as well be bored here rather than there, if it means you can pay off some debt. Plus your family and friends selfishly want you around again. Plus, this would give me an excuse to visit corpus and catch some rays at the beach. And, Jenny's best point, you LOVE me!

    Anyway, just come home. It doesn't make you a loser. It makes you smart to save up some more money.

    Lastly, all the 'zons could finally be reunited!!

    ReplyDelete