Home

Home

Friday, January 28, 2011

Sound healing, The Lotus Temple, NSW

After a vigorous day of swimming and cleaning, a few friends and i decided that it would be a good day to experience a free sound healing, offered up at the Lotus temple (infamous scene of the chanting, new age, bday party).

We arrived early in order to "get a good spot." All around the main room and placed in a circular fashion around the pillar of crystals were pale blue, pink, and white velveteen cushions. We all chose seats near the middle and lay down, our heads pointing towards the center pillar and our feet towards the walls. We could hear choir like sounds coming from another room. It must have been the healers warming up.

At about 530pm, the healers came in and the show started. A frightful looking man/woman (not sure, either way it wasn't pretty) commenced the ceremony by calling us all to ask our gaurdian angels to be there with us and to focus on what we wanted to heal. Then he/she busted out a large prayer bowl and got to work while the rest of the healers began to sing in "light language." A prayer bowl is a metal bowl that you hit with a small gong thing and then run the gong thing around the outside of the bowl to make a sound like when you run your wet finger around the rim of a glass. It's actually a pretty sound. Any way, after the group 15 minute song, the healers broke up and picked one of us to start on. I got healed by a man without a shirt wearing purple shorts. He had long curly brown/grey hair, a deep tan, and was probably in his forties. He began the healing by screaming in my ear. He then moved on to making truck noises that a 2 year old makes. After this he slowly pressed his palm to my heart/cleavage and began making whale noises. The entire time i was trying desperately not to laugh and only barely succeeding. After this a lady came and took over. She made soft, soothing noses and kept her hand on my belly button. At some point I fell asleep, because I woke myself up snoring and no one was touching me. After this I gave up on being healed and decided to look out the window at my feet for the remaining 12 minutes of sound healing. Soon after I focused all my attention on the outside window, I see a woman in a white dress run by, and she is on fire. Hippies love 2 things, candles and flowy clothing. I'm surprised there haven't been more hippy-on-fire incidents around.

So even if I didn't really get healed from anything, at least i saw a 50 year old woman on fire in a hemp dress. The woman turned out ok, she only ruined her dress, and possibly bruised her ego.

1 comment:

  1. Sat in bed next to Fo and read it to him. We both cracked up and then he turned to me very seriously and said, "you know you aren't allowed to go to healing ceremonies, right?"

    ELLOWELL!!

    ReplyDelete